Sunday, January 29, 2012

Healthy Treat




Seeing that I am completely exhausted because I have two sick little girls I will keep tonight's post on the lighter side....literally this is healthy!  I stumbled upon this recipe for chocolate banana "ice cream" while browsing my latest addiction, Pinterest.  I had all the ingredients on hand so I figured what the hey.  Here's how it works;

Cut up three freckly bananas, you want them sweet but not banana bread grade ripeness.  Freeze your banana slices in a zip lock bag for at least 2 hours.
Then put the following in a good blender or food processor;

3 Frozen bananas
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp milk

Then you just let that thing go until it is nice and creamy, comparable to soft serve ice cream.  My bananas were not quite ripe enough so I did add a little sugar just to sweeten it up since the cocoa is unsweetened.  I poured ours into a dish and just kept it in the freezer until after supper.  After thawing for about 5 minutes I served it right up.  Josh loved it and was blown away that it was basically just bananas.  Cameryn thought it was okay.  She is like her momma in that we love our sweet treats, so she knew this was not quite the real deal.  As for me I liked it, but was not in love.  It would definitely get me through when I was in need of sweets while dieting.  Overall, a success.  I did see some bloggers add a tbsp of peanut butter so I may do that next time to see if it can get me to love this healthy dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment