Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day 2012

We had a great Father's Day weekend!  Friday night our dear friend's the Johnson's came over and had dinner and it was so much fun!  We talked and let the kids play, the dad's even got their gloves and ball out for some catch.  Let me just say, I think they still have it!  Saturday was our day to celebrate Josh as a family of four.  We relaxed, went out to lunch, went to Orange Leaf and just enjoyed our time together.  Sunday was great, but honestly felt like two days rolled into one.  We visited a new ABF class, that we loved : )  Then went to worship, had lunch with the Johnson's again (They are moving very soon, so we are trying to hang out as much as we can!) and then came home for the kids to take a nap.  The pictures are of our Father's Day cookout.  It was so nice being all together, but my poor hubby did have to grill with an umbrella out in the rain!  He was such a good sport.  I think everyone had fun.  Will did NOT want to get his picture taken, but he didn't want to stop playing to go home either.  Cousins are a wonderful thing!
I am so thankful God blessed me with a husband that truly loves being a father and tries to live out his faith daily for our family.  I'm so proud to be his wife. As we move toward adding another child to our family I know that, our once orphaned daughter will have a daddy of her very own that will treat her like the treasure she is.  That's a good thing to know.  It gives you a security and a peace that comes right from the Lord.  My dad stepped up for me and was a father to the fatherless and I am so grateful.  He is an amazing dad and person and I love him so.  He taught me how to work hard, do things for myself, and to put your own needs behind the needs of those you love.  A daddy's girl, I will always be.

 My sister Katie's first cake!
 Papaw and Hadley Boo
 Chucky and Will
 Chucky, Will, and Kim
 My crew!  Our sign says, "We love Dad"  but we were having some trouble!
 My Dad and his kiddos, minus Jessie who had to work
 Group photo!
 Papaw and his girls
 Daddy and his girls
 Uncle Chris being the baby whisperer for our sleepy girl
 Camy giving Josh the gift she made him
Melts my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment