Thursday, March 8, 2012

All Secret Agent-Like

I must admit I was really excited to get our fingerprinting done for our background checks!  It really wasn't as secret agent-like as I had hoped, it was really more like being arrested without all the tough talk and crying I would do if I were to get arrested.  This set of fingerprints is not for immigration so it's not "the fingerprinting" that we will get at the court house, so we got to do it from the comforts of our local UPS store.  The staff was so kind and helpful because we were very obviously new at this.  Josh was a pro!  It makes me a little suspicious that this was not his first time, but I'll let the FBI be the judge of that.  I on the other hand was a complete dork.  I was shaking so badly!  I guess I was just nervous that I would mess them up and smudge them and then 8 weeks from now we would get a letter saying we need to resubmit them and wait another 2 months!  My handy UPS man assured me they were fine and most importantly my sweet husband spoke some truth.  "God's timing is not your timing.  If they are good or bad or whatever, it's what he wants."  I'm sure this will not be the last time he has to say this to me, but I'm thankful I can count on him.  Next stop, home study visit to our home next week, YIKES!






No comments:

Post a Comment