Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Warm Day Remembered


On this particularly frigid day I felt the need to blog about a day we had a few weeks ago where the temperature was over 60 degrees and Camy got to practice riding her first big girl bike.  Great memories made in just over an hour.  Josh just got home from work, believe me he does not wear a tie when he doesn't have to, and Camy and I were taking advantage of Hadley's late nap to go out and test her new toy.  Dad is the ultimate playmate so off they went.  It was such a contented feeling to sit back with my camera and snap away as they went up and down the side walk.  I'm so thankful my girls have a daddy that adores them.  Rather than come right in and flip on the TV after a hard day, he's present in whatever is going on. Today it was nice weather and bike riding, the next day it was probably screaming and an entire bag of Cheerios dumped on the floor!  But either way, he lets me know we are in this together.

The pictures kind of progress as she got more comfortable with peddling and steering and watching where she was going.  She did take one spill when she went off the sidewalk but nothing major.  Her heart swelled with pride as we cheered her on when she was going all by herself.  It was just precious to see her.  I'm not sure what it is about riding a bike, if it's the commonality of it, that most all kids do it as children and remember it fondly, but it just seem like a right of passage.  A mile stone if you will.  People always talk about having children one day and one of the things often listed that they look forward to is teaching them to ride a bike.  Well here it is, still with training wheels, but it is one more sign our baby is growing up.  I really should stop before I start bawling.  We love you Camy Lynn and are so proud of you!!!
 Dad is getter her going
 First crash
 Getting the hang of things
 She's doing it on her own
 Shear joy!
Melts my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment