Monday, September 16, 2013

School Time!








As promised, photos of the girls' first days of school this year.  Keep in mind that both my children started "school" the week we were to move into our new house and I took pictures, yay  me!  We survived getting supplies and clothes and managed to get some pretty cute pictures to boot all while packing to move for the second time in 9 months.  Can you tell I'm a little proud we survived : )
Camy started Pre-K and absolutely loves it.  Originally we were just going to send her for three half days a week.  Well, a couple of weeks before school was to start I get a phone call stating that only three kids were signed up for the half day program and so they were going to cancel that class.  Oh no, what were we going to do! The wonderful school offered us the five day a week half day Pre-K for the same tuition as three days!! I was not mentally prepared to send her to school every day of the week but after discussion and prayer it seemed like this was the direction the Lord was leading us.  He is so good and has shown me in many ways that this was a good decision.  For example, when I picked Camy up on Friday of her first full week she informed me that she doesn't get to go back to school until Monday! Can you believe it, two full days of no school, bummer!  My little student is thriving and loves her new school.
This was also Hadley's first year of Parent's Day Out.  She goes one day a week and is doing better than I thought.  Hadley is a momma's girl and is very attached to me so I knew PDO would be a little bit of a challenge, but would also be really good for her.  Since she only goes one day a week she isn't really in a "routine" but she is getting used to the class procedures and listens to her teachers well (at least that's what they tell me, LOL!)  Usually she cries for a few minutes when I drop her off and I sit on the other side of the wall out of sight until she stops. From there she learns songs, has circle time, recess, lunch, and nap.  She has been singing up a storm at home, and it warms my heart to hear her talk about Jesus and the bible.  I'm hoping that as the year goes on drop off with not be so hard, but other than that she is doing great.  I can't believe she will be two and a half in a couple of weeks!
I need another baby in this house ASAP : )

No comments:

Post a Comment