Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas and New Year's Eve in Kentucky

We had a great time at my old Kentucky home over New Year's weekend.  We stayed at my dad's house so we got to spend lots of time with him, Chucky, and Will.  The kids love each other so much and it was so good for them to get to play for a few days straight.  We celebrated Christmas and Camy's birthday at my mom's house one of the nights we were home.  She made tons of food, as usual, and the kids had so much stuff we BARELY got it all back to St. Louis!  My mom is the ultimate shopper.  She picks things up as she goes and finds so many good deals.  She always made Christmas really special for us growing up and nothing has changed since she became a grandma.  Her and my dad went in together and spoiled the kiddos rotten.  For New Year's Eve everyone headed over to dad's to of course eat some more and ring in 2013. Uncle Jim stopped by for a little while so we got to catch up with him. Camy LOVES her Uncle Jim so she spent a good 15 or 20 minutes snuggled up in his lap just chit chatting away.  My mom brought crafts for the kids and fake mustaches that were supposed to be for the kids.  We had fun sticking them on and taking lots of goofy pictures.  Hadley didn't make it to midnight and Josh almost didn't make it either!  He went in to put her to bed and didn't come out!  I went in to check on him and he was snoring right along with her.  He did come out to play games and give me a smooch at midnight.  Camy and Will stayed up the whole time and probably could have stayed up later, but the old folks were ready to crash.  It was a sweet time visiting with my family and loving on my nephew.  I'm so thankful for each and every one of them!!



 The first night at my dad's the kiddos had to have a slumber party and watch the Lorax
 Christmas at Mamaw's!  More toys than any kid should have!
 Hadley being the doctor
 Best Buddies
 Dad and Chris
 Loving on Daddy
 Hadley loving on Papaw!
 The three amigos
 Mamaw making noise makers with the kids for New Year's Eve
 Too much fun with stick-on mustaches!
 Katie workin that mustache
 Camy being an Angry Bird
Josh about to pick Katie's nose

No comments:

Post a Comment