Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas fun!

Our Internet is out.....for the tenth time, so just a quick post from my phone :) we have been doing our best to be festive in our new home. We got a real tree this year and the kids had a blast decorating it! Hadley handed all her ornaments to Josh and Camy hung all of hers on the same three branches. I couldn't put hooks in fast enough and my camera battery died. It really was fun amidst the chaos and the tree turned out pretty. We have made gingerbread houses, watched movies, and shopped. I also made an advent calendar (thank you Pinterest!) and we're reading the Jesus Storybook Bible each day leading up to the birth of our Savior. My favorite thing, this year, has been going on a walk through Bethlehem at a local church. They did an amazing job! It was all outdoors, there were Romans hairdos, camps of Jews on their way to Jerusalem, animals and of course a stable with a baby in the manger. It made the story very real to me and to Cameryn as well. It blessed my heart to see her really start to understand the story of how Jesus came to earth. Sorry there aren't any pictures of Bethlehem, it was dark and a Roman would have seized me for sure if my flash went off, LOL! Merry Christmas!













No comments:

Post a Comment